Invisalign is an innovative orthodontic treatment option that allows patients to straighten their teeth with a series of removable, virtually invisalign aligners.
What is Invisalign?
One of the primary concerns people often have about dental braces is the aesthetic impact of the metalwork on their smile. Especially for adults, the prospect of wearing unattractive metal braces for long periods of time can be very discouraging.
Invisalign® offers an almost invisible aligning system that straightens teeth fast and without metal.
Invisalign® treatment consists of a series of custom-made transparent plastic aligning trays. This means that when you wear them, they are very difficult for the people around you to see.
Invisalign® trays are also fully removable. While this means that more discipline and commitment is required from the patient, it is not usually a problem since the trays are comfortable and nearly invisible.
What kind of bite problems can Invisalign® correct?
Invisalign® corrects the same dental problems as traditional metal braces; the only difference is that Invisalign® trays are almost invisible to the naked eye, and can be removed at will.
Here are some problems that are commonly corrected with Invisalign®:
- Overcrowding – This occurs when there is too little space for the teeth to align normally in the mouth.
- Large gaps between teeth – This can sometimes occur because teeth are missing or because the jaw grows abnormally.
- Crossbite – This common dental problem occurs when one or multiple upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth.
- Overbite – This problem occurs when the upper teeth project further than, or completely cover, the lower teeth.
- Underbite – This is the inverse of the overbite; the lower teeth project further than, or completely cover, the upper teeth.