At Clover Hills Dental in Surrey our dentists use Invisalign® to straighten smiles discreetly, without the hassle of metal braces. Here's how to care for your Invisalign® aligners to help keep them clean, clear and practically invisible.
Invisalign to Straighten Your Smile Discreetly
Invisalign's clear aligners are ideal for people who are concerned about looking their best while straightening their teeth.
One of the key benefits of Invisalign over braces is that Invisalign aligners are clear! In fact, the aligners are almost completely invisible when worn.
Invisalign Aligner Care
In order to keep your aligners as clear as possible, you will need to clean your aligners and your teeth as directed:
- Remove your aligners whenever you eat or drink any liquids besides cool water. Coloured drinks could stain the aligners, and hot liquids could cause your aligners to warp.
- Protect your aligners from damage by storing them in their handy case whenever they aren't being worn. Remember that, to keep your treatment on-track you must wear your Invisalign aligners for a minimum of 20-22 hours every day.
- Before returning your aligners to your mouth, thoroughly brush and floss your teeth to prevent food from being trapped between your aligners and your teeth. Additionally, rinse your aligners under clean water or give them a quick clean using mild soap and soft toothbrush to prevent plaque and bacteria build up.
The Invisalign Cleaning System
To help keep your aligners looking their very best, the Invisalign® cleaning system is also available from your dentist. The Invisalign® cleaning system will help you keep your aligners odour-free, hygienic and clear.
How to use the Invisalign cleaning system:
- Remove and rinse your aligners.
- Fill the cleaning container with warm water then place the aligners into the container.
- Sprinkle one packet of Invisalign cleaning crystals into the container and shake gently for 20 seconds.
- Soak your aligners in the solution for 15 minutes.
- After soaking, gently shake once more to help remove any debris from your aligners.
- Remove your aligners from the solution, rinse well in warm water (not hot water) and return your aligners to your mouth.