It takes time to adjust to new dentures, and eating with your dentures in is going to take practice. If you have new dentures you'll need to stick to soft foods for a little while. Here are a few soft food suggestions to help you along.
Following your extraction, and when you're first fitted for your dentures, you will need to stick to a diet of liquids and soft foods.
To keep your meals interesting and appetizing during this time, planning ahead will be key.
Here's a brief list of soft food suggestions from our Surrey dentists. Remember, it's a good idea to stock-up so that you have healthy, appetizing foods on-hand whenever you get hungry.
Soft Food Suggestions For People with New Dentures
- Home cooked big-batch soups
- Soft cheeses such as: cottage cheese, ricotta, mascarpone
- Melted hard cheeses
- Soft breads for dipping
- Eggs anyway you like them
- Regular or baked beans
- A variety of sauces
- Meats that you can cook soft, like fish or ground poultry
- Oatmeal or porridge
- Canned soups (if you prefer not to cook)
- Noodles and pasta
- Ripe avocados
- Cooked vegetables (almost any vegetable can be cooked soft)
- Well cooked leafy greens
- Low sodium vegetable juice
Sweet Foods (treat yourself!)
- Muffins, pancakes, and waffles
- Ice cream and custard (when you're in the mood for a treat)
- Smoothies and milkshakes
- Bananas and other soft fruits
- Fruit juice
By planning ahead, and having lots of soft meals in the fridge, those first few days with dentures will be a little bit easier.